Monday, March 14, 2011

'Tis the season.........for sick kiddo's!

Wes and Claire playing playdough, her favorite present!
Well here we are going into week 4 of Claire being sick.  It is no fun having a sick little one that can't tell you whats wrong.  She started out with just a dry cough and just as we thought that we were at the end of her sickness she gets another one.  We had to take her to the e.r. in the middle of the night because she was having a really hard time breathing and was coughing like a serious smoker.  She had croup.  That is some nasty stuff.  We are finally at the end of that I hope.  I took her to the dr. today and he said that it looks like we are at the end of it.  The croup is pretty much gone, and her lungs sound good.  Thank heavens for that!  She hasn't been eating all that well, but today she ate a decent breakfast and ate lunch like a champ!  Cross your fingers that she is on the mend.

Wesley woke up this morning with a sore throat and a cough.  I am hoping he just really wanted a day off of school.  But I have a sore throat too so I am pretty sure we have what Claire started off with.  We just need spring to get here so we can all feel better! 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a sweet picture. I hope the kiddies get feeling better asap. Love ya.

One and Jenny Taumoepeau said...

Poor baby, and Wes! Man I hate when the kids are sick too! Hopefully everyone is on the mend!