Here are some pictures of the finished quilt top that I made. It took what seemed like forever to do!! I did get it finished just in time to give to Grandma Fae for her birthday. She loved it, she said to me "wait isn't this yours?" and I told her that I was making it for her. She was pretty excited. I did however have to take it back from her. I dropped it off at the quilters on Saturday and I will get it back in about 4 weeks, so I can put the binding on just in time for Christmas. (sorry Bonnie, if I quilted this on my own it would be 2 years before I finished it!!!) Maybe on my next venture I will try quilting it myself, we will see if I am that brave. Maybe I will just make a small one!
Monday, November 17, 2008
The finished product!!!
Here are some pictures of the finished quilt top that I made. It took what seemed like forever to do!! I did get it finished just in time to give to Grandma Fae for her birthday. She loved it, she said to me "wait isn't this yours?" and I told her that I was making it for her. She was pretty excited. I did however have to take it back from her. I dropped it off at the quilters on Saturday and I will get it back in about 4 weeks, so I can put the binding on just in time for Christmas. (sorry Bonnie, if I quilted this on my own it would be 2 years before I finished it!!!) Maybe on my next venture I will try quilting it myself, we will see if I am that brave. Maybe I will just make a small one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so cute! I absolutely love the fabrics! Is it expensive to have someone else quilt it?
I think it will be about 50 bucks to have them quilt it. I know that it can be more than that too!
Super Cute. My birthday is September 4th. Just in case you were wondering what to get me next year. Just Kidding. You did a GREAT job and what a neat present to give your grandma.
Traci- i am still blown away by your quilt! It is truly great!!!! You little seamstress you.
Post a Comment