
(mine did not look this professional, and I used big shells instead of the manicotti noodles)
Yesterday I was going through the Betty Crocker cook book to find new ideas for dinner. I am tired of making the same things over and over again. I found this very easy recipe for Manicotti. All you do is cook some of the big shell pasta until they are almost all the way soft. I cooked 18 shells I think. The filling is 2 eggs beaten
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups italian blend shredded cheese
1 package of frozen spinach
Beat the 2 eggs then add the rest of the ingrediants (leave a little bit of the cheese blend to put on top). Make a spaghetti type sause or buy the ragu stuff (YUCK!) put the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish put the shells filled with the mixture. Add the rest of the sauce to the top of the shells then the cheese bake at 350 for 40 minutes and you have dinner! It was way yummy. I am trying a few other dinner ideas from the cook book. I will let you know how they go.
To make your own sauce, use 2 cans of tomato sauce and half of a can of tomato paste. Add garlic powder and italian seasoning to the sauce. Warm the sauce up on the stove.
PS take a look at clairebearclark.blogspot.com I need some advice!
2 comments:
I am getting these ingredients this weekend. Sounds so yummy!
That sounds fantastic! I love manicotti. I am going to have to try this out too!
Post a Comment